Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Poetry 1

1.  The Laughing Heart by Charles Bukowski
2. The use of the poem in the commercial is ironic because of the line "Don't let it be clubbed into dank submission". By manipulating the poem into the purpose of advertising for a corporation, Levi's defiles the poem.
3. I would say that this poem does not represent Bukowski's normal reputation. His style often included violent and sexual themes and events. Although this poem has a dreary tone, the main message is being free and expressive of yourself.
4.  For question one, I typed a fragment of the poem into Google which led me to the poets name. I then typed in the authors name followed by the word reputation. This gave me all the information I needed to complete my assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment